Now I’ve never been a particularly price-conscious shopper. I know what I like and I don’t have the patience to wait for it to go on sale. I’ve also been trained by having larger-sized feet to snap up my size before it is gone. But there is something about this time of year, when everything is going on sale, that calls out to my shopping-loving soul.
I usually take this time to troll my favourite online shops to see what is on sale that I can transition into the next season (and at a fabulous price, who can resist?). In this case, I’ve been looking to see what I could use to boost my flagging winter wardrobe (seriously, I just get sick of it after a while) and look forward to wearing it into the spring.
Some things to keep in mind when you are deal-hunting this winter:
- Fabric: Look for lighter weight fabrics like jersey, cotton or silk that can be layered for winter but then worn on their own in spring.
- Colour: Neutrals are by far the easiest bet, but don’t be afraid to look for some brights that might also transition seasons (like the ultra-violet satchel below).
- Texture: Stay away from chunky knits or heavy tweeds, they won’t work as well in the warmer weather and seem to scream “winter!”.
- Quality: This is the perfect time to splurge on some great quality pieces (I like to pick up season-less essentials like a silk jersey tank or a designer leather purse).
- Follow the love: Sometimes you just have to go with your gut (or heart) and buy what you’ve been lusting after but just couldn’t justify at the original price (like those leather leggings!).
Here are some pieces that have caught my fancy lately. Full disclosure – I totally snapped up the Rebecca Minkoff satchel and the Anna Scholz Jersey Dress. Love them!
What do you like to snap up in a sale?